Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How I use Twitter.

Well, Twitter is cool. Personally I use twitter to keep up to date with all the news going on in the hockey world.  I follow almost all the TSN/CBC personalities, along with NHLSources, Fan 590 and so forth. I know this doesn't have anything to do with my blog, but I figured I would throw  in anyways.

How people ever kept up to date before Twitter is beyond me. I use to spend countless hours on Google combing the Internet looking for news or announcements that were relevant. I almost missed out on Primus Tickets. I would never forgive myself for that. 

The advantage of Twitter over Crackbook,  are the retweets from people you follow that are relevant to your information needs. For instance, from a retweet I found out that Bobby Ryan just signed a Five year, 25.5 with the Ducks. Now I get to know that before anyone else does. It hasn't even been published yet. ( asof when I'm writing this) Or, I Tweeted an accident on St. Anne's rd, and now those who follow me can pass that tweet along to people who might find that information useful.

My favourite person to follow however is comedian Louis C.K.  Now he's not for everyone. He rides that fine line between being funny and  offensive.  I would suggest to those of you who are not easily offended to follow him as well, and to check out his movie "Chewed Up."

Sesame Street is also a good one to follow just because it's cute and makes you feel good. Winnipeg Transit is also a good too, get a heads up when your bus isn't going to show up, or which routes are running late.

Building followers and getting you name out there would be too cumbersome with just using e-mail or Facebook.  Twitter is simple, it's quick and it's easy to navigate. A quick look at your phone while walking down the hall and your update with what ever it is that you fancy.

At the end of the day, Twitter can only take you as far as your imagination can. It  is a very useful tool when managed appropriately. By this I mean no tweeting about your last bowl movement, which will be a personal test in my case.

That's all I have for now, stay tuned for later blogs this week about my fantastic weekend of music featuring some must see local bands, and the first List- People who deserve a Freaking Meddle!

Oh, and always remember to smile. It's amazing what people can accomplish when they smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment