Friday, September 2, 2011

End of an era


I’ve decided to create a new blog this year for several reasons. One is that as much fun as I have coming on here and taking the piss out of the people, places and events around my life, no one really cares, other than a few of my friends who understand the satire.

The other is that I need to start using my writing skills for good. Good for both myself in terms of practice and future employment, and good for my audience as well, for the blog will be interesting, timely, and relevant. Theses are concepts that are crucial for communicators, and it’s best to start putting the skills I’ve learned to better practices.

Now, I’m not totally shutting down this blog. I will still need to come on here to bitch and complain about Winnipeg Transit, goths, politics students, etc for my own sanity, but I’ll no longer be marketing it towards the outside world. It will strictly become an inside joke blog.

As for the new blog, well, I will tell you this much: It will be a hockey blog to co-inside with “The Give N’ Go Hockey Show” I will be hosting on 92.9 KICK–FM.  Because we’re in Winnipeg there will be a small focus on the Jets, but really, I hope to focus more on the NHL as a whole and the (I hate using this cliché so bare with me) “state of the game”.

The blog will hopefully become more interactive with the world outside CreComm, by the addition of audio clips from the show, photos, possibly interviews with fans and people connected with the Jets, and links and responses to established hockey insiders, I hope to draw on a very vocal and opinionated audience and entice two-way communication.

With this I hope to achieve some sort of notoriety in the Winnipeg hockey world, and further my knowledge of the game and the roll communications plays within it.


No comments:

Post a Comment