Friday, November 26, 2010

Top Ten Excuses for Missing a Day of Crecomm

In honor of recent posts on other blogs, I have decided to do another “Al’s List.” I realize the frequency might be extreme, but considering the circumstance I just couldn’t help myself. 
Al’s Top Ten Excuses for Missing a Day of CreComm
  1. “____________ died.” - Desperate times call for desperate measures.
  2. “The Dj just kept throwin’ down and I lost track of time.” It’s honest, it happens, and sometimes it’s just all about priorities. 
  3. “I lost my wallet/purse , which has had bus pass and student ID in it, and I’m too fucking broke to catch a cab because I don’t have a job,Or a wallet, OR pay with change because this god-damn course takes up all my fucking time!” 3-1 odds on someone uses these words or like ones. 10% juice, max bet $200
  4. “I ended up in a group with Garth and I just couldn’t keep up.”-- When it happens to you, you’ll know and understand.
  5. “Have you ever heard of Rish-shak-na? It’s sacred day in my religion, DeeZ  NU-ts.” Confidence is an amazing thing. Especially in Crecomm. If you actually have the balls to attempt this-- even if you don’t pull it off-- you’ve definitely earned your day off.
  6. “I witnessed a mugging on the way, and had to give a statement at the cop shop. Yeah I know it’s across the street, It just really took a long time. oh.. I was traumatized... yes that’s right.” Entirely possible being downtown, but would probably work better for those with an acting background.
  7. “I swear another instructor told us we were having class at The King’s Head Pub.” Depending on who’s instructors name you use it might actually work, but you really would have to have spent the whole day at the pub to have low enough inhibitions and common sense to attempt this. 
  8. “I spent the whole day in the fetal position in the corner of my bathroom crying. What more do you want from me.” Again, entirely possible. Shedding a tear while explaining this would help your cause, for those of you who can cry on command. 
  9. “I never went home. I actually fell asleep in the edit room late last night and just got up 20 minutes ago.” I’ve already napped in the mock station while waiting for the bounce to finish on my radio show. The floor is surprisingly comfy when you are beat.
  10. “I missed J, and to be honest Duncan scares the crap out of me, so I figured it would be better if I just hung low for awhile.” Had to throw it in there! Seriously though, that man sees right through you. If I wasn’t such a cocky bastard I would probably be intimidated by him and his glare. 
Thanks to all for reading and I hope you enjoyed and can see the humor in it.  The only shame is that now that this post has been published I can’t use of these excuses, so feel free to comment and leave some Ideas of your own. 
Remember we pay for this course, make the most out of it. I expect honesty and candour from all my instructors and I return it to them with the hopefully the same respect. 

3 comments:

  1. being in a group with Garth is both a blessing and a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damnit Al, you realize that you just eliminated at least 3 excused absences for me right?

    ReplyDelete